A single-sided PCB from Pure PCB is the simplest and most cost-effective printed circuit board to produce. With one layer of conductive material, a single PCB is perfect for those low density designs that need to remain affordable. All our single layer PCBs are available for bulk order or as rapid prototypes. Contact a member of our friendly team today for more information.
How are single layer PCBs made?
Single layer PCBs are the most straightforward circuit boards to create due to their simple designs. To create a 1 layer PCB we undertake the following steps:
- Initially, we begin with the base core material which, for a single layer PCB, is often fiberglass (FR4) – this tends to have a layer of copper on it making the board conductive allowing electricity to flow through it.
- A solder mask is then added as a layer of conducting material - this insulates the conductive copper sheet below.
- Finally, the rest of the layers are covered with a silkscreen print that indicates the location for each part. This improves the single-sided printed circuit board functionality.
Benefits of 1 layer PCBs
There are a number of benefits to choosing a single sided PCB for your product:
- Low manufacturing and production cost – the components of a single layer PCB are low cost meaning we hold their prices at a competitive level
- Low defect possibility – as the PCBs are simply designed, they are less likely to malfunction.
- Perfect for simple, low density designs – the limited materials needed to create the circuit board means a single sided PCB is low density.
- Easy to create – the simple design and the small number of materials necessary means single PCBs can be created relatively quickly and efficiently.
- Rapid prototyping – when you work with Pure PCB you can guarantee fast return
Single sided PCBs from Pure PCB
Here at Pure PCB, we have a range of surface finishes available for our single-sided PCBs:
- Lead-free HASL
- Immersion Tin
- Immersion Silver
Are you looking for a bulk order or prototype of a single sided PCB? Get in Touch with Pure today for a free non obligation quote. We also have the capability to create double sided or multilayer PCBs.