At Pure PCB, our flexible capability is a cornerstone of our PCB capabilities. We provide our customers with reliable, high-quality solutions that eliminate the need for connectors and cables within any product. Get in touch with a member of our friendly sales team today for more information on our flex capabilities.
What is a Flexible PCB?
Also referred to as flex circuits, flexible PCBs are able to twist and fold to fit the shape of your board designs – - a flexible PCB allows for the circuitry to be designed to fit the electronic device or product, as opposed to building the device to conform to a rigid circuit board.
Types of flexible PCBs available
Here at Pure PCB, we have a range of surface finishes available for your flexible circuit boards:
- Lead free HASL
- Immersion Tin
- Immersion Silver
The applicable quality standard of our flexi PCBs is also PC 6013 Class 3. We also have a selection of available stiffener materials including:
- Thermal adhesive
- Standard FR4
Advantages of flexible PCBs
Flexible circuit boards offer many advantages due to their bend and flex properties:
- Wiring Solutions – investing in flexible PCBs allows you to fit your circuit board to your product by allowing you to twist the circuit board into areas that a single sided, rigid circuit cannot. The lack of rigidity of our PCBs offers improved wiring solutions.
- Lighter products – a product with a flex circuit board is likely to be lighter as the material used for flex circuit boards is not as heavy as the materials used for a rigid counterpart.
- High Temperature – most of our flex circuit boards are built with polyimide, a material that dissipates heat better than most. Therefore, flexible boards can be added to hotter areas that would cause damage to rigid boards.
- Durability – alongside the high temperature resistance, flex circuits are designed to withstand chemical corrosion and radiation & UV exposure. Products with a flexible printed circuit board tend to be highly durable.
- Miniaturisation – flexible boards contain a lower number of device interconnects meaning miniaturisation is a much more viable option for a product design during the PCB fabrication.
RF PCB overview:
|PCB||Pure PCB Current Capability|
|Layer Count||2-24 Layers|
|RF Materials Availabe||PTFE|
|Laminates Brands Utilised||Taconic|
|Thermal Capability||From 0.82 W/mK|
|Available Copper Weight||0.5 Oz to 15 Oz with 8 Oz UL Certification|
|Minimum Line Width & Space||From 0.075 mm|
|RF Complian Surface Finishes||Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold|
|Lead Free Hot Air Solder Level|
|Dielectric Thickness||0.1 to 3.5mm|
Why choose Pure Electronics
At Pure Electronics we pride ourselves on supplying competitively priced flexible PCBs of the highest quality to a global market. Our helpful customer service team and extensive knowledge made us the global PCB supplier we are today. We provide flexible PCBs to a wide spectrum of customers in a variety of sectors.
For more information on our flexible printed circuit boards, get in touch with a member of our expert team. Submit your PCB Gerber Files here and one of our expert team will give you a call.