Pure PCB’s flexible capability is a cornerstone of our PCB capabilities. We provide you with reliable, high-quality solutions in eliminating the need for connectors and cables within any product. Learn more about our flex capabilities.
What is a Flexible PCB?
Also referred to as ‘the flex circuit’, flexible PCBs give you the ability to twist and fold your circuit board within your product. The adjustability of flexible PCBs enables the circuitry to be designed to fit the electronic device or product, as opposed to building the device to conform to a rigid circuit board. The board’s bending ability depends on your requirements and needs – we also offer rigid-flex solutions for customers looking for a more rigid structure.
Types of flexible PCBs available
Here at Pure PCB, we have a range of surface finishes available for your flexible circuit boards. Our insightful engineers will help you choose the finish that best suits your needs:
- Lead free HASL
- Immersion Tin
- Immersion Silver.
The applicable quality standard of our flexible circuit boards is PC 6013 Class 3. We also have a selection of available stiffener materials including:
- Thermal adhesive
- Standard FR4
Advantages of flexible PCBs
Flexible circuit boards offer many advantages due to their bend and flex properties:
- Wiring Solutions – investing in flexible PCBs allows you to fit your circuit board to your product rather than fitting your product to your circuit board. The lack of rigidity of our PCBs allows you to place the circuit board in places that a rigid PCB is unable to.
- Lighter products – the material used for flex circuit boards is lighter than that used for its rigid counterpart meaning, consequently, your product will be lighter.
- Durability – alongside the high temperature resistance, flex circuits are designed to withstand chemical corrosion and radiation & UV exposure. Consequently, products with a flex board tend to be highly durable.
- Miniaturisation – our boards contain a lower number of device interconnects meaning miniaturisation is a much more viable option for your designers.
- High Temperature – most of our flex circuit boards are built with polyimide, a material that dissipates heat better than most. We can add flexible boards to heated areas that would cause damage to rigid boards.
Why choose Pure PCB?
At Pure Electronics we pride ourselves on supplying the highest quality, competitive and dependable flexible PCBs to a global market. Our helpful customer service and extensive knowledge made us the global PCB supplier we are today. We provide flexible PCBs to a wide spectrum of customers in the aerospace, defence, automotive, medical, O&G, telematics, access and process control markets plus many more.